FERN CREEK OPTIMIST CHEERLEADERS

THIS BLOGSPOT IS DESIGNED TO HELP PARENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS STAY INFORMED OF EVENTS AND INFORMATION RELATED TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CHEERLEADING!!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

IMPORTANT UPDATES AS OF 8/22/06

Cheer Parents -

We will NOT have a Friday night practice at Wildcard. As noted on the last post, we will have practice Saturday, 8/26 at 4:00 until ??? - location is at Wildcard. This will be our last practice prior to our first competition! The girls have been working really hard and their routines are coming together beautifully.

Our competition is still unknown as of Tuesday but should be published by NCA on Wednesday. I will update the blog with that info tomorrow. Once we have the times, we can plan for a caravan from one central place into the Fairgrounds, if anyone is interested. I will have parking directions, maps, etc on Saturday for everyone. For the competition on Sunday, the girls should wear their hairpieces and mascara only (waterproof please!). We are not doing elaborate makeup in case everyone wants to spend time on the Midway that day. No jewelry and no fingernail polish for the competition. The hairbows will be distributed on Saturday.

I should have the tanks, shorts, socks & shoes Thursday night at Wildcard. We will have a "Match the clothes to the girls" party while we're there for Tumbling! If you are not able to attend, please contact me so I can make arrangements for you. The girls will also wear the tanks/shorts to the game on Saturday.

Remember - we also have our first game at Fern Creek Stadium Saturday at 1:00 pm. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early. The football team has asked that we have a banner for the football players to run through.

The Texas Hold Em has been rescheduled for Thursday, 8/31 at 7:00 pm at Mt. Washington Bowling Alley. Food and drinks will be provided. If you have any card playing, poker-loving friends, now is the time to encourage them to support our team. I also need 4 people to help with serving food and working the money & poker chips. Please let me know if you can help.

We have bagging groceries scheduled for Sunday, 9/03 at ValuMarket. I know it's a holiday weekend but I took the date because it was available on their calendar. The only other date we have scheduled at ValuMarket is Saturday, 9/30 and there are no more dates available. If we can't get enough volunteers for Sunday, 9/03 I will contact ValuMarket to free the date for the next team on their waiting list. Please let me know by Thursday, 8/31 if you are able to work any hours.

There is still time to order the polo/T-shirts. Our supplier/embroiderer is leaving for vacation this Friday and therefore we will have to wait until her return to get the shirts done. I will have the sizing samples with me through next week so please let me know if you would like to order any apparel.

Let me know if you have any questions - thanks, Yvette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home