FERN CREEK OPTIMIST CHEERLEADERS

THIS BLOGSPOT IS DESIGNED TO HELP PARENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS STAY INFORMED OF EVENTS AND INFORMATION RELATED TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CHEERLEADING!!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Updates as of 10-26-06

Hello Cheer Parents! I have several informational items listed below.

Practice schedule:
Wed, Nov 1 at Wildcard 6:30 – 8:30 Wed, Nov 8 at Wildcard 6:30 – 8:30
Friday, Nov 17 at Wildcard 6:30 – 8:30 Wed, Nov 29 at Wildcard 6:30 – 8:30

Cheer Power – this weekend in Columbus (Columbus is on the same time as Louisville)
Our practice time is 2:00 pm and we perform at 2:30 pm. I will have more info later on the times we need to assemble for makeup and leave the hotel to the convention center. Parking may be a challenge Saturday; there is a large group of Ohio students taking a ACT test at the Convention Center in the morning and then Ohio State University has a home game scheduled at 3:30 pm.

JamFest and St. Rita:
Our on-time registration fees of $118 are due by Friday, Nov 3. Because of the significant total amount of this registration fee (21 girls x$118=$2478), I will need everyone to pay their fees before Nov 3. I do not have enough available funds to advance pay this large of an amount on behalf of the team. If we are unable to register by Friday, Nov 3, we will incur a $5 per participant late fee, which will now bring the amount due to $123 per participant. We will compete Friday, 11/10 at St. Rita instead of the originally planned Lexington competition. The St. Rita competition is $2.50 per participant.

Account Balances:
If you have a balance on your account, all amounts must be paid in full by Nov 3, including the JamFest and St. Rita registration amounts. We need available funds to pay for banquet expenses, which must be paid up front and purchase necessary items prior to the banquet.

Wildcard:
All account balances for our gym rental fees must be paid in full to Wildcard by Wed, Nov 1. This includes any amounts due for the previous installments and our final installment amount due which is $30. This will bring our total paid to Wildcard to $90 for all of gym rental sessions. Before we started practice in July, we had calculated $80 per girl for gym time; however, additional sessions were added later to the schedule which changes the amount due to $90.

Banquet:
The banquet is scheduled for Saturday, Nov 18 from 6 pm – 10 pm at Fern Creek High School cafeteria. I will have invitations to each of you this week. We will need RSVP’s by Friday, Nov 3 so we can plan appropriately for the catering needs.

Vanderbilt vs. Florida game: (at Vanderbilt University)
The game time has been moved to 11:30 am CDT and has been picked up for television coverage. This means we must be at Vandy to register by 6:30 am CDT and practice will start no later than 7:30 am. CDT is one (1) hour behind Louisville time. I would also ask if you could give me at least one ticket stub from your family for a special surprise. I will distribute tickets and maps/information to you at the 11/01 practice.

Photos:
If you have any photos from this season – we need them! Save them on a CD and I will return them when we are finished with another special surprise!

We have a very busy month ahead of us and we will not be at practices as frequently as before so check the blog spot often! If you have any questions, be sure to call me. Please remember that I cannot take cell phone calls at work - try to hold that thought or question until after work or leave a message on my home phone during the day. Messages can also be left on my cell phone number and I will return them once I can retrieve them.

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Shake it girls on Saturday!

Thanks - Yvette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home