FUNDRAISING INFO - PLEASE READ!
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Car Wash on Saturday, 7/15. A BIG thanks to Big-O Tires on Fegenbush Lane for giving us room, and to Pep Boys and Lowe's for the donations of buckets, soap, hoses, and sponges! We raised $189.00 for this general fund fundraiser.
Bagging Groceries: We have another date of bagging groceries at ValuMarket scheduled for August 12 from 10a-4p. Leigh has already recruited many volunteers but there's still room! Please see Leigh or Yvette to volunteer some of your time. We have more dates at ValuMarket for us on Sunday, 09/03 (yes it's Labor Day weekend but they should be REALLY busy!) and Saturday, 09/30. Their calendar fills up very quickly with bookings to bag groceries so we need to take any available dates we can!
Bake Sale: Walgreens has agreed to let us hold a bake sale. I am open to Saturday, July 29 if we can get some parents to make some yummy treats and help us out for a few hours. We are also contacting Kroger to see if we can get a date there and I will keep you posted on the progress.
Individual Fundraising: The Auntie Annie's fundraising did kind of OK but I doubt we will attempt that one again.
We will have a fundraiser later in August with Home Interior Candles so be thinking of who your potential buyers are. Also don't forget your own shopping list - prepare early for Christmas gifts for teachers, friends, sunday school teachers, day care workers., gift exchange with Bunco or at work, etc. The possibilities are endless. This is a great way to spend the same amount you would on another gift anyway - but raise money toward your individual fundraising account too!
Don't forget the Pancake breakfast at Applebee's on Saturday August 5, from 8am - 10am. Tickets are $5.00 each. Breakfast includes pancakes and beverages. We need to fill the restaurant so I'd like to see ALL of the tickets sold in advance! I still have more tickets so please see me to get more.
All of your monies for the sold tickets needs to be turned in to me so we can pay Applebee's for the # of tickets sold and put your remaining profit into your individual fundraising account.
As always, if you have any fundraising ideas, please let me know. We try to make this as exciting as possible but I know it can also be trying too! I know I am hitting everyone hard right now with fundraising but there is a purpose. I realize once school starts and our actual season begins, it will become increasingly difficult to have a good turnout with volunteers. I also know we will be competing with fundraising efforts by other sports programs and your child's school within just a few weeks so I am trying to beat everyone else to the punch and get those dollars for you and our girls!
Don't forget about selling your old uniform. Please bring your uniform (if possible with each piece labeled or in a bag to be labeled) to me at the next practice so I can have it for the non-competitive cheerleaders to try on next week.
Thanks for everyone's help - Yvette.
Bagging Groceries: We have another date of bagging groceries at ValuMarket scheduled for August 12 from 10a-4p. Leigh has already recruited many volunteers but there's still room! Please see Leigh or Yvette to volunteer some of your time. We have more dates at ValuMarket for us on Sunday, 09/03 (yes it's Labor Day weekend but they should be REALLY busy!) and Saturday, 09/30. Their calendar fills up very quickly with bookings to bag groceries so we need to take any available dates we can!
Bake Sale: Walgreens has agreed to let us hold a bake sale. I am open to Saturday, July 29 if we can get some parents to make some yummy treats and help us out for a few hours. We are also contacting Kroger to see if we can get a date there and I will keep you posted on the progress.
Individual Fundraising: The Auntie Annie's fundraising did kind of OK but I doubt we will attempt that one again.
We will have a fundraiser later in August with Home Interior Candles so be thinking of who your potential buyers are. Also don't forget your own shopping list - prepare early for Christmas gifts for teachers, friends, sunday school teachers, day care workers., gift exchange with Bunco or at work, etc. The possibilities are endless. This is a great way to spend the same amount you would on another gift anyway - but raise money toward your individual fundraising account too!
Don't forget the Pancake breakfast at Applebee's on Saturday August 5, from 8am - 10am. Tickets are $5.00 each. Breakfast includes pancakes and beverages. We need to fill the restaurant so I'd like to see ALL of the tickets sold in advance! I still have more tickets so please see me to get more.
All of your monies for the sold tickets needs to be turned in to me so we can pay Applebee's for the # of tickets sold and put your remaining profit into your individual fundraising account.
As always, if you have any fundraising ideas, please let me know. We try to make this as exciting as possible but I know it can also be trying too! I know I am hitting everyone hard right now with fundraising but there is a purpose. I realize once school starts and our actual season begins, it will become increasingly difficult to have a good turnout with volunteers. I also know we will be competing with fundraising efforts by other sports programs and your child's school within just a few weeks so I am trying to beat everyone else to the punch and get those dollars for you and our girls!
Don't forget about selling your old uniform. Please bring your uniform (if possible with each piece labeled or in a bag to be labeled) to me at the next practice so I can have it for the non-competitive cheerleaders to try on next week.
Thanks for everyone's help - Yvette.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home