FERN CREEK OPTIMIST CHEERLEADERS

THIS BLOGSPOT IS DESIGNED TO HELP PARENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS STAY INFORMED OF EVENTS AND INFORMATION RELATED TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CHEERLEADING!!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

T-SHIRTS FOR PARENTS & MISC INFO

Parents, many of you, including myself, are interested in purchasing t-shirts this year. I need to know who is interested in getting shirts. We can screen print or embroidery - keep in mind embroidery will add additional costs to each shirt. Also, if you want your shirt customized with "Sydney's mom", it will also add more to the cost. I would also like some ideas of what to put on them such as: "Fern Creek Cheerleading", "Fern Creek Optimist", "Fern Creek Tigers", etc. I personally like identifying ourselves as Fern Creek Cheerleading! If we want these shirts prior to our first competition - we have to move fast! I will also talk about this at practice 7/27 & 7/28.

I also want to say how proud I am of how far the squad has already come in just a few short practices! They look really good and ALL of them should be extremely proud of themselves! A BIIIIGGGG pat on the back to each of you! Thank you to each parent and family member who is giving up their time to support the girls' efforts!

Housekeeping issues:
Don't forget the remaining monies are due by Tuesday, 8/01/2006 for the uniform and shoe orders. Checks should be made payable to Tammy Albers. If you haven't paid Wildcard yet, please do so by this Friday, 7/28 - checks should be made payable to Wildcard and I can collect those for you Friday night during practice.

Fundraising:
How are your ticket sales for the Pancake breakfast!??? Remember, ticket sales go toward your individual accounts. I have to give Applebee's an anticipated # of attendance by Wednesday, 8/2 so they can make their own staffing and supply plans. So, on Tuesday, 8/1 - I need to know how many you've sold! I am praying ALL of you will say "I've sold them all!!!" I want to see a great turnout on behalf of our Cheerleaders and show Fern Creek Applebee's what great fans we have!
I also need volunteers to work at Applebee's that morning. We need door greeters, servers, table bussers! Please let me know if you can help out.

Many of you have already signed up for bagging groceries at ValuMarket on Saturday, 8/12. Please see Leigh or myself to volunteer.

BIG News!!
We have scheduled a Texas Hold Em tournament for Saturday, 8/19 from 3p to 7p, at TK's Pub & Grill. I will have more information for you in the next couple of days but start calling all your friends and family who LOVE to play this game so they can mark their calendars!

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I also want to remind everyone that I cannot typically take phone calls during the day. Although I do keep my cell phone on for emergencies, please try to hold your questions until the evenings. If I don't answer my cell or house #, you can always leave a message so I can listen to your question at the first opportunity. I also typically check the blogspot as soon as I get home (except on practice nights) and can read any questions posted thru the comments link. Thanks - Yvette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home