FERN CREEK OPTIMIST CHEERLEADERS

THIS BLOGSPOT IS DESIGNED TO HELP PARENTS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS STAY INFORMED OF EVENTS AND INFORMATION RELATED TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CHEERLEADING!!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Upcoming Season

Hello Cheer Parents -

I just want to give everyone an update. We have a committment from 23 girls to be on the junior competitve squad, Michele is thinking 30 will be the limit for the team. If you know someone that is interested, please have them contact me ASAP!

This will be my last year as director and I am looking for someone who is interested in taking it over. I would like for that person(s) to work with me this year to make the transition as smooth as possible, so if anyone is interested let me know.

The uniform Michele and Melanie have picked out is going to run around $220.

Practice is mandatory! Michele is giving her time and effort to the girls and it is not fair to her if people don't make the same committment. It is also hard for the girls to learn their positions if people are absent. Flyers need to learn to trust and their bases need to be there for them to trust. Remember practices right before competitions will be longer things may need to be changed that aren't working. Be Flexible!

Here is a list of the competitions we have decided to attend...(these are not optional) Please mark your calendars with the dates.

August 27---Kentucky State Fair---$15---(Louisville)
September 23---JamFest---$55---(Louisville)
October 28---Cheer Power---$35---(Columbus) *Overnight Stay
November 11---Battle of Bluegrass---$35---(Lexington)
December 2---JamFest Nationals---$115---(Gatlinburg) *Overnight Stay (2)

Also remember we will more than likely wear hairpieces again. If your daughter's hairpiece is worn out or broken a new one will need to be purchased.

I do not want to seem like I am being discouraging, I just want people to be realistic about the cost involved and committment needed from each family.

Leah Sweeney is doing an excellent job with fundraising! KUDOS to Leah! We will need to do considerable more fundraising to offset the cost. If you can think of anything to suggest for fundraising please SUGGEST!!

See everyone soon!!

Tammy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home